Wednesday, September 29, 2010

a variation of a favorite ginger martini....

photo credit cuchicuchi.cc
so, i've been thinking. Should I change the name of this rambling man blog to "what should I do with all of this vodka?" because clearly I love making drinks with vodka. It's the ultimate understated spirit...

This next drink is a take on a fave of mine from cuchi cuchi in cambridge ma. my fave restaurant aesthetically, drink-fantastically, and food-artistically

  • Grate some ginger into the bottom of a pint glass (enough to cover the bottom)
  • toss in a handful of cranberries, dried, dehydrated, fresh, however!
  • muddle with some simple syrup (I've been making my simple syrups with raw sugar cane and or brown sugar crystals)
  • .5 amaretto
  • 2 oz vodka (sobieski for the cheap)
  • .5 fresh lemon or lime whatever your taste. For this I prefer lemon.

shake with ice
rim the martini glass with sugar crystals. some sugar in the raw will work perfect!
strain into a martini glass.

Yum! who needs dinner with this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment