Monday, September 20, 2010

I am the brett favre of the restaurant industry!


Yes, I am. I have been donning an apron, dansko mary janes, a pressed white/black/plaid shirt, ponytail, you name it since 1995. First foray? retirement home as a dietary aide (fancy speak for waitress) I can not believe that they gave my 16 year old fine bodied self the power to read strict diet and medical secret lingo& serve the food accordingly to dying people. Next up, Steamers bus girl. One of those Ct mooring restaurants where most of the patrons arrive by sea rather than car. I think the next one was Amherst Brewing Company as a door man with a sprained ankle and eventually as a server. Northampton Brewing Company was next, Chowder Pot Restaurant followed, & then I started to get FANCY! Guilford Tavern, Che Tango, La Luna, Grafton Street in Boston, The Tavern in the Square (hands down worst ever!!!!!!!!!!!! hahahaha) Omni Parker House, 2 days @ the Marriot, Plough & Stars (special fave!) & now for my grand finale! well, I can't tell you but once I retire again I will be sure to! It is however, one amazing place for sure!!!!

After each job I swear off the industry & retire... but like a moth to a flame (or an ex boyfriend to my bed :O) I return.

:))

it's fun to recap on a super nostalgic almost fall day :)

So, let's have a drink in Brett Favre's honor.

This was a college slummin' favorite of mine. We used to call it 'sip & get naked', but from now on- I will call it: The Brett Favre

  • 2 cans of busch beer
  • 1 pint of vodka (get a handle so you can make a few batches)
  • 1 or 2 canisters of frozen pink lemonade

put it all in a pitcher and stir it around with a wooden spoon.

pour in a glass. ahhhhh, to be young.

No comments:

Post a Comment