Wednesday, September 8, 2010

zen green tea drinks


photo credit thenibbler.com
have you noticed i'm like the laura ingals wilder of cocktail concocting? I like to remove the middle man and make my own ingredients. And yes, I regularly fantasize about living off the land, teddy Kacynski shack and all...etc...but I digress. This pioneer spirit is juxtaposed with a whole lot of class & circumstance b/c I also like tea & rituals. Love tea, & rituals. Coffee and rituals too, if that consists of reading the paper & drinking too much coffee.

There was a lot of tea & sweet tea stir on the scene about 3 years ago and still is. I bought some 'Matcha' (powdered green tea) a few months ago for a hairbrained scheme of making green tea icecream & sorbet- but quickly decided that I should just mix it up with some vodka & make the ice cream another time.

Matcha isn't that expensive but isn't exactly cheap. You can get about 1oz for 8.99 and that's pretty middle range stuff. So, in other words you get what you pay for.
I mix up 1 teaspoon or small handed pinch of matcha with 16oz of water. Really really really mix it up, so no clumps! I throw about half of that mix in my shaker with a splash of ginger infused simple syrup. I then throw in some citron vodka (or regular) 8 second pour or 2 full shots-or just about any flavor according to your taste add fresh pressed lemon juice from one single lemon.

Shake it up and you have 2 martinis. It's so good that it feels like you are doing something fabulous for your skin, guts, and overall longevity.
Well, you actually have 4 because you have another 8 oz of green tea water to do it all over again :)

There are so many options to fancy this up. You can do mint syrup, lavender, orange pressed juice, throw in any thing. It's a good drink. And it works well in pitcher form. Healthy fancy lady, pitchers.

*i'm not a cream drinker but there is a whole new world to be explored with those options....

No comments:

Post a Comment