Wednesday, August 18, 2010

rose is a cotton headed ninny muggins...


i'm sorry, that was rude. But I've been having a major problem with the clientele at my current place of work. "Do you have Roses?" they ask with a glass of pinot grigio in their right pandora braceleted hand....

"no, all of our juices are fresh pressed"
scowl.

scowl.

resentment.
"oh, i'll stick with the pinot grigio then..."

Ladies! Classy ladies! cross the bridge of freshness and let's all pretend it's medieval times and drink our cocktails (mead?) with fresh juices. Don't get mad at me Rose. You were great, we had a lot of fun and you're a great girl. But you are artificial and the pendulum has swung. Yes, Rose's is quite loosely a lime cordial and the story goes that a true gimlet is with Roses, and vodka or gin....established in the late late 1800's in hopes to ward of scurvy...
but it sounds like branding to me, and branding my friends has gone the way of passe...

try it. you might like it. get back to the basics....

2 comments:

  1. is it weird that this blog is sorta turning me on?!?

    ReplyDelete
  2. weird? more like makes perfect sense!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete