Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Anthony loves Thatchers too!


Thatchers:

About six months ago I was introduced to this product when they only had three flavors, eldeflower, Cucumber, and Three Chili. I love the organic aspect and the made in USA part almost as much as I love the subtle flavors and mix-ablility.

The cucumber upon first taste practically screamed "Put me in some Hendricks gin NOW!!!" So I did with just a drop of rosewater. With that "my Scottish valentine" was born and being served over the bar.

The elderflower was put in my hands next. This was about two weeks before St. Germain hit my market. Sweet and floral with out the anise/galiano finish in the St germain, this elixir is all about the elderflower and nothing else. I whipped up a batch of lavender simple syrup, added in some G'vine Florasion Gin, and a dash of hibiscus syrup and your mouth is lovingly coated in the french garden that is G'lafleaur. Just thinking about this makes me want to up the counts, add in some raspberry sorbet and ginger ale for a ladies afternoon punch!


As for the three chili... I did not use gin this time... Instead I felt the flavor profile would first make a nice addition to a margarita with some anejo tequila. Then went completely outside the box by adding this to a chocolate martini made with of all things, vanilla rum, a tad of a dash siracha mixed 1/1 chocolate syrup and the end result was a rich chocolate dessert martini with some nice peppery heat!

recipes to follow!

No comments:

Post a Comment