Thursday, February 17, 2011

bourbon & milk a winter brunch staple...

photo cred bourbonfilm.com







It seems like people are really into bourbon & milk lately. I'm not really a milk drinker, though i whip up my own almond milk on the regular. But I can appreciate this hearty drink like I appreciate a bowl of ice cream (or 2).

bourbon and vanilla are like peas and carrots so consider different ways of working vanilla into your drink.

Here is my favorite version of this fun treat for brunch and bourbon ingestion.

You will need: bourbon, milk, vanilla, sugar

2 oz bourbon (basil hayden, corner creek, buffalo trace, fitzgerald 1849 is real cheap as is weller 12 year...)
3 oz milk or 1/2 & 1/2 if you're a hedonist (like me).
1 sugar cube or some type of vanilla sugar mash up.
some people use vanilla extract but why not some nice vanilla bean?
vanilla sugar? vanilla powder...seriously click here
you could infuse your bourbon over night and it would be dreamy good.
there's also vanilla paste if you want to get crazy.

You may even rim your glass with some vanilla powder.... yum.

But any way, the easiest way is to whisk your milk with come type of sugar mentioned above.

some people freeze this milk and sugar over night, but you don't have to.

Toss the bourbon and milk into a glass with ice. A nice tall glass. You may grate some nutmeg on top but I don't do that.


yum


I suggest a madagascar vanilla bean

No comments:

Post a Comment